This week on Kiss The Cock we smoke chicken. If there is one thing my hometown gets right it’s chicken wings. Deep fried and tossed in Buffalo sauce. I’ve had them all over the place. Nobody does them as good as Buffalo, NY. And nobody in the area does chicken better than One Mat Gang. The only way to improve the chicken wing is to take away the fryer and use a smoker
- I use chicken drumsticks. Larger than wings and nice moist dark meat. Brine your chicken over night in water, salt and brown sugar solution. 1 gallon water, 1 cup each salt/sugar.
- Drain and add either a dry rub or a sauce. I also am cooking some split breasts for leftovers. Teriyaki on the drumsticks and Chiavetta’s on the breasts
- Let that sit for an hour while you prepare your side dishes. Macaroni and cheese and stir fry veggies are my choices today. Follow the instructions on box for mac n cheese. But only boil pasta for half the recommended time. It will finish in smoker.
- Put everything in the smoker for 2 hours at 225F. Flip drumsticks after 1 hour. I used apple wood for the first load, then a small bit of hickory when I flipped the chicken. Apple will sweeten the meat and hickory gives it that bacony smoke flavor
- After the 2 hours, remove the food. The chicken is cooked, but the skin is rubbery. I bake the chicken for 10 minutes to crisp the skin.
- Get yourself a bottle of hot sauce and some cold cans of cheap beer. You have before you Man Wings. Now stuff your pie hole